Crowns & Bridges
The Best Dental Bridges Services in Portage, MI
At Portage Northern Dental, we understand the importance of a healthy and complete smile. Whether you have damaged or missing teeth, our skilled team is committed to providing durable and natural-looking solutions. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and discover how our dental crowns and bridges can help you achieve a beautiful, fully functional smile.
Advantages of Dental Crowns
What Are Dental Bridges?
Types of Dental Bridges
The choice of bridge type depends on factors like missing teeth' location, adjacent teeth' health, budget, and personal preferences. A dentist will evaluate your case to recommend the most appropriate bridge type for your needs. There are several types of dental bridges, each designed to address specific needs and circumstances, including:
- Traditional Dental Bridges - These are the most common type of bridges and consist of one or more pontics (artificial teeth) anchored by dental crowns on adjacent natural teeth.
- Cantilever Bridges - Cantilever bridges are used when only one adjacent tooth supports the pontic. The artificial tooth is anchored to one natural tooth instead of two, making it suitable for specific situations.
- Maryland Bonded Bridges (Resin-Bonded Bridges) - Maryland bridges use a metal or porcelain framework with wings bonded to the back of adjacent teeth, eliminating the need for crowns. They often replace missing front teeth and are a conservative option.
- Implant-Supported Bridges - These bridges are anchored by dental implants rather than natural teeth. They are a highly stable and durable option, suitable for multiple missing teeth or when adjacent teeth are not strong enough to support a traditional bridge.
- Removable Partial Dentures - While not technically bridges, removable partial dentures can replace multiple missing teeth. They are secured with clasps onto natural teeth and can be taken out for cleaning.
Advantages of Dental Bridges
Dental bridges offer several advantages, including restoring a complete and functional smile, improved ability to chew and speak properly, preventing adjacent teeth from shifting out of position, enhanced facial aesthetics by filling in gaps, and a relatively non-invasive and cost-effective solution for replacing missing teeth. They also provide convenience, as they are fixed in place and do not require removal for cleaning or maintenance. Overall, bridge dental work can significantly improve oral function and appearance, contributing to better oral health and quality of life for individuals with missing teeth.
Dental Crowns and Bridges Procedure
The dental crown procedure and dental bridge procedure typically involve several steps. Firstly, the dentist prepares the affected tooth or teeth by removing decay and reshaping them to accommodate the crown or bridge. Impressions are then taken to create custom-fitted prosthetics. Temporary crowns or bridge dental work may be placed while the permanent ones are fabricated. Once ready, the permanent crowns or bridges are cemented or bonded into place, restoring the tooth's function and aesthetics. The result is a strong, durable, natural-looking solution to damaged or missing teeth that can significantly improve oral health and appearance.
Contact Portage Northern Dental for Crowns and Bridges
Contact us today to explore our comprehensive crowns and bridge services. Our experienced team is dedicated to restoring your smile's function and aesthetics with precision and care. Schedule an appointment with us and discover why Portage Northern Dental is the trusted choice for crowns and front dental bridges in Portage, MI.